Friday, May 9, 2008

TOWN DAY!!! :D

YAYE!! As promised, I have hair news that resulted from the 2 consecutive days in town.
Thursday started off early with me going to physiotherapy (will blog bout why I needed it in the first place in another post-perhaps a boring day.lolol) Whilst I was on the bus, I felt people starign at my hair, but noone othered to say anything. When i got off at the avenue to get to the therapist, some random man who was headed in the same direction commented on how thick and nice my locks were. I just said thanks, and walked on, cause I think he just wanted an excuse to talk to me.lollollol.
After therapy, whilst walkign to town to meet up with crystal, gavi ann and danielle for what would be 6 hrs of shopping, 2 women complemented me on my hair. On was a bit awkward, cuz the woman just kept staring and me whilst walking towards me, and then FINALLY said "OH WOW, I love your hair". I need to get use to that ...that however isnt the strangest way I've received a compliment though. Two saturday evenings ago, my friends and I were in the supermarket( I spent 5.oo BDS/2.50 US- they spent 70 BDS and 50BDS each-PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY COOK), my hair was a bit wet cuz I'd just finished washing it, and a lady walked up behind me, slapped my @$$ and said "I want those locks" and just walked off.lollol I was abit taken aback.seriosuly..wouldn't you be? or is that normal?lollollol
So.. the day went on, with the occasional stare (an inaudible compliment in my opinion)..then.. i spotted this lady in a store with a set of long, thick sisterlocks ( i estimate around 4 yrs old), I was on a call when I spotte dher, all of a sudden, the call was totally unimportant, and I walked up to compliment her on her hair and xchange a smile . My friends just rolled their eyes..they don't understand the connection we sisterlocks people share.lollol. THOSE PERMIES DEM!!haha. I've tried to exlain it, but they just can't seem to grasp...
but yeah, my day in town was not ONLY about getting (and giving) hair compliments...4 gurls + alot of shops and boutiques * (its summer and we're all goign home soon)= ALOT OF SHOPPING!!!lollol. We started shoppign at aroudn 12, and never left town till 6 pm!!
I bought work clothes (start my summer job on June 1st), danielle bought some "unique" accesories ( I won't call them ugly here , so don't worry..lolol), Gavi ann was a bit disappointed cuz she didin't get anything.. crystal... cyah real rmemeber wa she bought, buh i knew she bought stuff, and ALOT of it.. afterall... She's CRYSTAL .enuff said!!
OMG.. i forgot to mention the lil cutie i met ....hmm...No i wont go on...this post is already too long.... haha

(the cam ws giving issues, so I have no blog worthy pics...sigh.. anyoen wanna buy me a new one?)

3 comments:

Gavi said...

Lol!! i love the blog! i didn't know that there was a lady that slapped ur @$$!! wow... people are audacious! i was looking forward to more about the cutie... but maybe some other time eh!

Anonymous said...

just tryign this out

Tracy said...

I've been chased down to get a better look but never a slap on the @#$%. How funny!