Thursday, June 5, 2008

THE ACCIDENT!!!

Yup... you read the titile right..
Yours truly was in an accident. June 4th, 2008, desriseaux (pronounced DAY-RI-SO)!!

I'll spare unnecessary details here, and justtell the people who matter in person when I see them..

Wierd corner..slowed down...but..wasnt good enough.....

BRAM!!!!

Shielded face, airbags blew.. guy from back seat ended up laying next to me in the front...
When i saw everyoen move.. i said " get out, get out"

We all stepped away... and started checkign for injuries...
Driver: Fine at the momemt- 8 hrs after.. realises his left arm is fractured
Back Seat Passenger: Broken/fractured/sprained finger, multiple scratches
Me: ONLY PERSON STRAPPED UP!! A black and blue bruise on my pelvis where the seatbelt was!!
PRAISE DA LORD!!

Ironic Incidents that evening:

1) Spoke to a friend after alost 4 months, who told me he was in an accident recenly, had broken his hip in 3 places and had to have a piece of mental inserted so that he could possibly walk again, was brain dead for 2 weeks..
He fell asleep at the wheel on his way home from him night job...
On tellign me this, I say .." GASA... U HAVE A DEATH WISH?!?!?! U need to cool out!!"

2) Two minutes before we got into the accident, I considered takign off my seatbelt beacuse it was pushign on my bladder, and i REALLY REALLY REALLY needed to use the bathroom.. so i figured it would be best if I just took it off to avoid any embarassing situation... but.. Priase da lord, i decided against it.

3) On the way down, I sensed that somethign would go wrong, because the road was really bad, and there was a point where it just narrowed suddenly unto a bridge (NO SIGNS< NO WARNIGS.. if one continued to go straight... you would drive over the edge and into a river)..when I saw that, I said to myself..."If was me driving, I woulda gone over, cause I didint even see the point where the road ended.

But all in all... Everyone is fine (ish) and the vehicle was insured... so all should be well...
As usual, my mother does not know.. she worries way too much.. I'll tell her in September...
When I'm out of St. Lucia.lollollol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!! HUANNA!!!! ur a poet... i just love how u spoke about the accident! lol.

Glad that ur ok! and u didn't tell ur mother!! Jesus Christ...
Gavi